Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Thursday, July 22, 2021

Calm Sunrise on the Lake Art Tutorial

 Another Great Tutorial by Art With Flo

My version of Calm Sunrise on Lake, from Art With Flo Tutorial



I'm really enjoying Youtuber "Art With Flo"; she has amazing tutorials.  I did this pretty artwork today, following along with her tutorial.  The tutorial itself is only 24 minutes and 15 seconds long, but it took me hours and hours to do this because Flo used Procreate and an Ipad and I'm on my Veikk with Clip Studio Paint, and I kept having to stop to learn if it was even possible to do the same thing with my gear.

Luckily, it was ,sort of.  My boat is different.  Flo provided people with a brush that sort of stamps her boat in place.  Hers is a more Asian influence type boat, very cute.  I couldn't use that brush so I imported a rowboat photo and traced the silhouette and filled it in.  I would have tried to draw it on my own but I was exhausted and have a migraine after hours of staring at the little screen, wearing my reading glasses (they always give me a headache).  I added a hat, lol, but that's it. I also used Flo's technique to duplicate the boat layer so I could flip it upside down for the reflection.  

I also learned how to use the opacity sliders and blur tools to make it look more like reflections.  I also FINALLY learned how to use the ruler tools in Clip Studio.  I mean, I knew how to use them before, but the trouble was, I couldn't figure out how to turn them off so I could STOP using them before today, lol. 
Here's the same painting before I put in the boat.  I saved it like this so I can try to draw a boat freehand when my migraine goes away.  

On that note, I'm off to take a tylenol 3, and grab a bite.  It's almost 6 pm and I haven't eaten since my toast and coffee early this morning.  I lost time in the world of art today...the entire day went by, lol. Last time I noticed the time it was noon, lol. Oops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment