Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Friday, July 16, 2021

One Ball from Pool

 Another Lesson from Udemy Class on Clip Studio Paint Pro


One ball, learning Clip Studio Paint Pro

This is from Lesson 60 of my Clip Studio Paint Pro Class on Udemy.  Here I learned how to use the "make a circle" tool which isn't actually a circle, but an elipse, how to make an oval in the circle, how to add and change text (still need practice on that), how to add a shading and highlights layer and how to add a Gradient background layer, choosing my own colors.

I also used the magic wand tool when adding the shading, so that I could draw inside the lines.  

Learning a lot today! I had to stay inside with air conditioning because of my asthma, so it was a nice way to spend the day, learning and practicing art.

It was super hot out, 90 degrees with the humidity today and my asthma has been really bad.  Yesterday I triggered my asthma badly by sitting outside with my best friend all afternoon in the heat.  It was nice out and I wasn't sweating or anything; I actually would enjoy the heat if it weren't for my stupid lungs.  I have severe chronic asthma and any extreme of temperature badly affects my lungs.  So the heat makes my airways constrict and I can't get enough air.  It's awful because it actually hurts, trying to breathe.  I wouldn't have sat out but it was the first time I got to see my best friend since the pandemic started.  She's Canadian but lives in America and she waited until her Mom was fully vaccinated to come.  Laurie is also fully vaccinated, but I don't get my second shot until tomorrow at 1 PM, so we had to sit outside and stay 6 feet apart.  We could have sat inside with masks on but I can't wear a mask when my asthma is bad.  

I'm hoping I'll be OK when I go for my second shot tomorrow, and that it won't be so hot that I'll get sick waiting in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment