Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Goldfish Painting

 I'm SO Pleased with my Goldfish, lol!

My Goldfish, thanks to a cool tutorial on Youtube by Art By Flo

A Youtuber named "Art With Flo" has this adorable Goldfish Tutorial and I decided to follow along.

It's supposed to be easy, and maybe it is, for people with Procreate and an Ipad, which is who the tutorial is meant for.

It wasn't quite so easy following along on Clip Studio Paint Pro with my Veikk VK 1200 display tablet, attached to my laptop.  Mostly because I am still learning how to use both the Veikk AND Clip Studio AND how to draw, lol.  For people who already know how to draw or how to use their art tablet and software, I'm sure this would be an easy tutorial.  It took me hours, lol.

The Youtuber is great at explaining things so it's totally not her fault that I had to keep stopping to google "how to do XYZ on Clip Studio Paint" because it wasn't the same as on Procreate. 

I'm really happy with how my fish turned out.  I think it's my favorite art piece so far. I love goldfish, and had many growing up. They were the only pet I was allowed until I was about 12 and snuck home a gerbil and hid it in my closet, lol.  My childhood goldfish, named Charlie, lived for years and years.  

This is a fantail, or maybe a swantail Goldfish, and Charlie was just a run of the mill ordinary goldfish.  I am babbling because I am exhausted and I have a bad headache, so I'd better stop here, lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment