Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Learning Digital art with Udemy, Youtube & Books (Oh My!)

 Udemy, Online Learning

I am a BIG fan of Udemy, an online learning platform that has GREAT sales.  Seriously, never buy anything there for regular price because if you wait a few days you'll get the same course for over 100 dollar off, lol. 

I've been watching Youtube videos for hours every day, and I ordered some art books, and they're great. I love them.  But then I remembered Udemy, and I remembered that a few years ago I started an art class on Udemy and never finished it.  You see, the pandemic hit, and I totally forgot about art.  I just obsessively read the news every day all day for about 6 months or more. My brain just couldn't learn new things at the time.  I'm so glad that things have changed and I'm now able to learn again.

So I found my old sketchbook and was impressed by what I'd learned.  Also impressed by my sketches. I wanted to follow the rest of the course using my drawing tablet and clip studio paint, but I really don't know enough about how to use either one yet.  So I did a search to see if Udemy had any classes on learning how to draw on Clip Studio and found 2!  And they were both on sale. So this morning at around 8:30 AM, I bought both.

The first is called Clip Studio Paint Pro/Ex and it basically teaches students how to use Clip Studio.  The course is a few years old and Clip Studio has updated quite a few times but I'm still learning a lot.  
I was pleasantly surprised by how much I learned on my own, by watching Youtube and reading tutorials. I didn't think I knew much at all yet, but I had already learned a lot of the first few lessons, which was great.  There was also a lot that I didn't know, which is handy.

After doing the class for HOURs today, I thought I must be coming near to the end of the class.  Boy, was I surprised to find out that I was on lesson 32 of 216, lol.  

I've just gotten out of the "how to use the basics" of clip studio and am getting into the intro of how to actually draw on clip studio, which is great.  I got the class on sale for $16.99 US...so about $20 or so Canadian.  The regular price is $119.00, which I could never afford.  But like I said, NEVER pay full price on Udemy, unless you're rich and want to support the instructors. If you're rich, go for it, lol, but if you're like me then wait for a sale :-). 

The second class I bought is called A Pro's Guide to Coloring with Clip Studio Paint.  It was also on sale for  $16.99, down from $54.00.  It looks really good and  I can't wait to get into it, but I need to get the basics down first. 

Tomorrow some of the books I ordered online should also come in, lol.  I'm going to be super busy for a long time.  I plan to download the second course, pack up and take my drawing tablet, laptop, and a bunch of books (and my parrot) out to our cottage for a few weeks.  We don't have cable or internet out there so I'll be able to keep busy with drawing.  I'm so looking forward to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment