Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Tuesday, July 6, 2021

I Tried to Follow a Cool "How to Color Eye" Tutorial

 YouTube Tutorials are Amazing!

I found so many great artists online. One, a super talented gal who goes by the name "Loves2DrawManga," has many great tutorials using Clip Studio Paint, and one caught my eye (sorry, "eye" couldn't resist). 

My first digitally colored eye, following a cool tutorial by Love2DrawManga on Youtube

This was a coloring tutorial, and I was drawn to it because I really love the artist's work, and this particular tutorial seemed simple and I thought I could remember the steps. 

I was wrong, and had to watch the tutorial on my phone and pause and rewind a bazillion times. The joys of getting old. What on earth made me think I should get into art at the age of 57, lol? 

 I need my computer to run my digital art software, and it's too annoying to go between the art program and Youtube, so I had to use my phone...which strained my eyes, even with my reading glasses on.   

However it was worth it.  This gal makes amazing tutorials and I learned a lot.  This was a coloring tutorial, so I need to see if she has a sketching tutorial, because my sketches are sketchy, lol.  

I'm still happy with how this turned out, and if you want to try it, you can find the tutorial here: How to Color a Manga Eye Digitally for Beginners




No comments:

Post a Comment