Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Monday, July 5, 2021

Using 3 D Models as sketch references

 Clip Studio Paint has 3D models

I'm learning new things every single day! Today I learned about using 3D models.  You import a model and then lower the colors so they're muted, and then make a sketch layer on top so you can design clothes right on the model. It's a good way to learn the proportions of the human figure.  Here's my first and second try.  

Using 3D models in Clip Studio

Using 3 D models in clip studio

The models are naked and have no hair or facial features, so you can draw clothes, hair, eyes, noses, lips, etc., right over them.

 I'm still learning, so my drawing is very basic, lol.  The only difference between the two pics above is that I moved the eyes on the second photo, and changed the colors. I also omitted the shadow under the feet because it looked too much like when the Sims pee themselves, lol  

I watched a bazillion drawing and digital art tutorials on YouTube today, and learned a lot.  I've managed to retain some of the info too, lol. 

I like my freehand drawings of my self character better than this, but I wanted to learn to use the modeling tool.  I still need to learn how to do hair, shading, proper sketching...there's so much to learn, but for now, I'm just trying to learn the digital art program and get used to my new drawing tablet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment