Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Obsessed with Tablets and Bought ANOTHER New one

 I thought I was done with art practice for today but...


...I decided to try another Youtube Tutorial...one showing how to draw heads.

This is wobbly and I think the eyes are too high, but I'm happy with how much I learned.  It's not easy, learning how to use the drawing tablet, the art software, AND learning how to draw all at once, lol, but I'm having such a blast with this. 

They kind of remind me of Shaggy from Scooby Doo...maybe they are his cousins, lol.

I want to try again right now and lower the eyes and do red hair for the Weasley twins, lol, but it's almost 2 AM and I'm exhausted. 

I watched hours worth of art tutorials again today, but this is the one I tried to follow: How to Draw Simple Faces by Marc Brunet

It's a good tutorial but a bit hard to follow because he kept flipping his work sideways without telling us or warning us that he was going to do it and I didn't always notice and kept drawing on the wrong head, lol.  

To be fair, I was watching on a tiny screen that I could barely see.  It annoyed me so much that I ordered a cheap but large tablet off Amazon.  My old tablet won't work any more, and my phone is just too small.  My drawing tablet requires my computer to work.  If I had to do it all over again I think I'd just get an ipad pro instead of having to deal with so many different screens. They're super expensive though, and I couldn't justify it since I'm not an artist, just a beginner who is having fun learning.  

I was going to buy a new tablet eventually so my Dad can look at recipes.  I'm too scared to let him use my good gaming laptop near ingredients, lol.  

I ordered the Dragon Touch Max 10 Tablet.  It was only $229.00 Canadian including the protective cover, and I had a $30 dollars off coupon so it just came to $203.00 Canadian including tax, with free shipping.  


It runs Android 10, and at 10 inches it will be much easier to watch Youtube tutorials than on my little phone.  






It's kind of a pain in the butt that to draw I'll need my drawing tablet, my laptop, and also this extra tablet to watch videos while I draw, lol, but once I learn what I'm doing I won't need to watch videos.  Plus, I don't need paper or paint or pencils or markers, etc.  Plus, it's fun and I LOVE tech.  




No comments:

Post a Comment