Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Monday, July 12, 2021

Still Life and Scenery on New Art Tablet

 I've been practicing on my Veikk art tablet some more, and having a blast.  

Digital painting of apple, following a Youtube tutorial
I followed a Youtube tutorial to do this apple, and I'm really pleased with how it came out, especially since the tutorial was done on an Ipad using Procreate and mine was drawn on my Veikk using Clip Studio.  I hope I can find more tutorials like that.
Just playing around with various brushes
The dock photo is just one I came up with on my own...just playing with brushes and trying out different effects. I forgot to put in the reflection of the mountains...oops, lol.  
Lesson 1 from my new art book
The simple shaded sphere was lesson one from my new book, How to Draw in 30 days. 
Simple cartoony style, practicing with the tablet

Lastly, this little house drawing was just me practicing how to use layers and the reference tools.  I think I still like this simple style the best, although I did have fun doing the apple.

I'm really enjoying this :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment