Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Friday, July 16, 2021

My Single Tree Forest

 I turned my tree into a forest :-).  

My single tree forest, assignment from Udemy Class: Clip Studio Paint Pro

I had so much fun with this exercise, and I learned so much!  I hope I can retain it, lol.

First I made a single tree (see earlier post).  Then I learned how to squoosh all those layers into one layer.  Then I duplicated that layer and moved the tree over, while resizing it or flipping it horizontally.  I repeated these steps until I had a forest.  

Then I used the selection tool to select the white space above the forest, inverted that selection so it chose the trees instead of the white space, and used the fill tool to make a solid outline of my forest.  Repeated it with two lighter colors and rearranged them. 

I thought that was fun so I used the lasso tool to select various parts of the photo to adjust the brightness, hue, luminosity and contrast. I made some brighter and some darker, and blurred it all.  I kept playing with it until I thought I understood what I was doing (not sure yet if that's true, lol), and stopped with this.  I like the feeling of light coming through the trees.  I love walking in the woods and I love it when the light streams through.  

No comments:

Post a Comment