Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Friday, July 30, 2021

Rowboat Painting turned into digital Birthday Card

 Rowboat Painting




I made this by following a youtube tutorial by Gal Shir.

I made this cool rowboat painting by following a short "tutorial" by Val Shir online.  It was done on an Ipad with Procreate.  I was able to figure out how to do it on my Veikk with Clip Studio Paint. I couldn't do it exactly...procreate has a great feature that let's people draw perfect lines, curves, and circles by just drawing them freehand and then holding the pen in place.  Can't do that with my Veikk, but Clip Studio has some special rulers that I was able to use. 

I turned it into a digital card for my beautiful cousin


It's my cousin's 30th birthday today so I chose this because it had a lot of empty space where I could write, turning it into a digital card. I'm really happy with how it came out. 

I would like to make it again, but change the colors. I want a white rowboat with red trim, like I had when I was little. I also want to give the character long hair, and put a dog in the boat with her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment