Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Sunday, July 4, 2021

Veikk VK 1200 Pen Display Test

 I love my new Veikk VK 1200 Pen Display!

It's going to take me awhile to get used to it, but it's very cool, and it's working well.

Simple paint practice on new Veikk VK 1200 Pen Display

First I tried this apple painting from the Clip Studip tutorials. OK, it doesn't look much like an apple, lol, but this tutorial was to learn how to use the watercolor brushes, and how to blend, then how to add details.

I'm not an artist so this is what I got, lol.

Next, I tried importing a reference file so I could practice copying lines.  I did not sketch the following pic, I just copied it, changed it a bit to make it an African Grey parrot, and colored it. I'm trying to learn how to sketch bird faces from every angle. 


I needed a way to see the beak from different angles.  I think it's pretty cute.  

The Veikk is a lot bigger than my tiny Wacom, but it's still a small tablet, and I have to wear my reading glasses in order to see Clip Studio Paint's tiny icons on the screen. It works with my glasses, so that's good. 

If I stick with art for a year...and if I show enough improvement, I'll buy a bigger tablet, but for now, this is great.  For 200 dollars including shipping I have a pen display tablet and it works great in my opinion.  It's basically a second display that I can draw on.

No comments:

Post a Comment