Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Saturday, July 3, 2021

Veikk VK1200 Pen Display Tablet

 I'm SUPER excited!


My BRAND NEW Veikk VK 1200 Pen Display Tablet arrived in the mail the other day, a full week earlier than I expected it. Woohoo!

My new Veikk VK1200 Pen Display Tablet


I bought it on Amazon.com Prime day for a really great price...under 200 including shipping (which isn't free to me because only Amazon.ca prime gives me free shipping...but Canada cancelled our Prime day so I had to order from the US site.

Veikk VK1200 Pen Display Tablet
It was well packed and came super fast.  
Veikk VK 1200 Pen Display Tablet

I was a bit worried because when I tried to download the driver, Veikk's website was down, but I was able to message someone at Veikk to let them know and they sent me a message back a few hours later to apologize and tell me their site was up and running again. I downloaded the driver and tested to see if the tablet worked. It did :-). 

First Veikk sketch
I didn't have much time to test it out because my brother came in from out of town, so I just managed this simple little drawing/sketch of a fish jumping. It was really just to test out the program, and also to see how much I remembered learning from the day before. I remembered how to do layers, and how to add color without going out of the lines. I also had some fun with different brushes. I can't wait to try it again.

Having said that, I'll miss my little Wacom.  Unfortunately, I can't use both at the same time because for some reason these tablets hate the drivers of every other tablet, so every time you install one art tablet's driver you first have to uninstall all the others.  My little Wacom is really tiny and only has a 6 by 3.7 inch drawing area, which is really small and causes my hand to cramp up, BUT I love how light and easy it is to use.

The new Veikk has a much bigger drawing area, 11.6 inches, and it also has a color screen that shows my drawing right on the screen so I don't have to look at the computer, which is nice, but it will take some time to get used to.

It had a lot of very good reviews though, so I'm hoping I'll like it.  It's a cool tablet, and I love how affordable it was.

Last year I tried to get a pen tablet, and ended up returning it because it never ever worked, right out of the box. It took me a year to build up the courage to get this new tablet.  I'd love to stick with Wacom but the prices for bigger tablets are crazy high, even for ones without the pen display (the screen that you can see and draw on).  I do like the Veikk so far and can't wait to spend more time with it.

It came with 2 pens, 2 pen cases, lots of extra pen nibs, a pen stand, a little glove, and a microfibre cloth. I'm babbling so I'll stop now, lol, but I really am hoping I'll enjoy using it and learn how to draw better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment