Welcome to my blog

If you enjoy finding a lot of different outlets for your creativity, then we may just be kindred spirits.
This blog is an outlet for my interest in miniatures, crochet, plastic canvas, and many other various arts and crafts.

I also love walking, taking digital photos, and most recently, have rediscovered an old love...bike riding! I purchased an amazing new bike, a comfy Townie by Electra this summer, and have been having a grand time exploring the area as though for the first time. It's like being a kid again!

If you enjoy any of these things too, pour a cup of coffee and tea, sit down, and join me.


Take care!
Kat

Sunday, July 11, 2021

Uncle Buck's 90th Birthday

 My Uncle Buck Turned 90 a few weeks ago

...and yesterday I was able to go visit  him because he was finally fully vaccinated.  I had to wait 2 weeks after his second shot to go over.

I actually didn't HAVE to wait as nobody else did and the rest of the family had a big indoor party for him 2 weeks ago, just a few days after he had his second shot. I was so angry with my family members, because he's 90 and needs to be kept safe. It was a nice day on his birthday and I suggested people visit individually or in small groups out on the deck, outside, but nobody listened to me and everyone went in. 

I sent him a balloon bouquet and dropped off a gift but didn't go in until 2 weeks later.


Yesterday I dropped off his other gift.  It was nice to see him.



I had a photo mug made for him.  His beloved wife, my aunt Cobie, passed away 6 years ago, and he was thrilled to see her on his new mug.  He told me that now he can have coffee with her again




I also was able to set up his other gift, the Echo Show 5.  I got him the Echo Dot a few years ago and he LOVES it and uses it all day every day to play his favorite music from Amazon Prime, and to ask Alexa questions.  So this year I updated him to the Show.  I was just going to buy him the newest echo dot, but this show 5 was only 10 dollars more.  He really loves it, and was amazed by how much it can do.  I showed him how to watch Youtube videos, and lots of other stuff.  He loves that he gets videos or still photos with his music now.

When the Echo Show is at rest, it shows a clock radio type face with the time and date, and weather. I also uploaded a bunch of photos for my uncle, so he can ask to see them and it will play a slideshow.

I asked the rest of the family to download the Alexa app to their phones so they can video chat with him, but so far nobody has except for me.  Plus I'm not really sure how that feature will work as my uncle doesn't have his own mobile phone so his show is tied to my phone, and my amazon plan.  That way he gets the free music because my family pays for the subscription.  We have the family plan.


He was really happy with his gifts.  I'm so glad.  I can't imagine being 90 years old.  He was around before TV! 








No comments:

Post a Comment